Wien Vienna .com
Find the best hotel deals
FREE cancellation on most rooms
Heiligenstadt means “town of the saints” in German. It is a part of Vienna’s 19th district, located in the north-west of the city. Heiligenstadt Station was first opened in 1898 as part of the old Stadtbahn (city railway), namely the important Wiental-Donaukanal Line. This line was later tranformed to modern metro and today Heiligenstadt Station is the terminal station of metro line U4.
The green line of Viennese metro, line U4, runs in the Wiental (Wien River Valley) in the south-west of Vienna, where it stops near the well-known Schönbrunn Palace, and then after passing the Inner City it goes along the Donaukanal to the north-west. There U4 terminates at Heiligenstadt Station, which is one of the most important public transport hubs in Vienna.
Besides the metro, Heiligenstadt Station has access to the S-Bahn (regional train) network – S-Bahn lines S40 and S45 cross here. Regional buses connect Heiligenstadt Station with town located mainly to the north-west of Vienna.
Top of this page
© 2018 Wien Vienna – All rights reserved |